Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that helps financially disadvantaged kids participate in organized sport and recreation. We help cover registration, equipment and/or transportation costs.
We have an extensive, national network of 332 local chapters. Chapter members are volunteers who are committed to helping get kids active and healthy. They work in partnership with other local non-profit organizations to discreetly identify kids with the greatest need in their community. Canadian Tire Jumpstart then covers registration, equipment and/or transportation costs to help them participate in a sport or recreational activity of their choice.
Who can use this service:
Financially disadvantaged kids ranging in age from 4 to 18. Potential Canadian Tire Jumpstart program recipients are selected through local chapters.
To find a local chapter, contact 1-877-616-6600. Based on your postal code, a Call Centre representative will provide a contact on the closest Canadian Tire Jumpstart Chapter.
Link to apply for funding http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en/what-we-do#hta
Kids select their own activities reflecting their individual interests and physical needs. We have supported involvement in 73 sports and recreation activities including: hockey, swimming, soccer, basketball, dance, yoga, climbing and martial arts. Grants are then provided directly to the non-profit or charitable organization coordinating the sport or recreational activity on behalf of the qualifying child. Since each child’s financial needs are unique, Canadian Tire Jumpstart’s grant goes towards equipment, registration and/or transportation costs.
- Dufferin County
- 7 days a week
- This will vary depending on the sport and/or recreation schedule
- No cost
- The total funding that each qualified child can receive in any one submission period (e.g., spring/summer for baseball, fall/winter for hockey) will vary based on Chapter budgets and demand.
- Funding can be used to pay for transit and/or taxis to your recreation or sport.
Scheduling a Ride:
- When a child is qualified then transit and/or taxis are scheduled to drive the child to the sport or recreation event.
- Website: http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en/what-is-jumpstart
- Key contact person: Jumpstart Representative
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-877-616-6600
- Main Office Address: Canadian Tire Jumpstart, 2180 Yonge Street, P.O. Box 770, Station K , Toronto, ON, M4P 2V8