Headwaters Food Summit and Local Food Trade Fair
Please join Headwaters Communities in Action, Wellington, Dufferin Guelph Public Health and a host of supporting partners on Monday April 23rd, 2012 for the first-ever, Headwaters Food Summit and Local Food Trade Fair.
If you are interested in working together to build our food future, please join us and help develop a practical approach to bring out the best of the food system in Headwaters.
We expect to have broad representation from across our the food system at this event, including: food producers, distributors, restaurateurs, chefs, caterers, food retailers, food processors and consumers.
Registration for this event is $25 (plus HST) and includes a gourmet lunch prepared using local ingredients by Hockley Valley’s Chef de Cuisine, Michael Potters.
- A Keynote Presentation by Lauren Baker, Coordinator of the Toronto Food Policy Council
- Panel Presentationsfrom a diverse array of leaders within Ontario’s food system who will share their insights and ideas for strengthening Headwaters’ regional food system. They include:
- Michael Potters, Chef de Cuisine of Hockley Valley Resort and a leader in the local food renaissance in Prince Edward County
- Ryan Hayhurst, Chair of the Guelph Wellington Food Roundtable
- Janet Horner, Executive Director of GTA Agricultural Action Committee
- Graham Corbett, Owner/Operator of Fiddlefoot Farm
- Karen Hutchinson, Eat Local Caledon and Caledon Countryside Alliance
- Working Sessions focused on effective strategies from other communities; market opportunities; distribution systems; food education and how to ensure access to healthy local food for all
- Local Food Trade Fair – hosted by Eat Local Caledon and Caledon Countryside Alliance, this is an exceptional networking opportunity for local farmers and food businesses. Booths are free and samples are encouraged. For more information or to reserve a booth, please contact email@example.com or call 905- 584-6221.
We promise great food to eat – and plenty of food for thought – about how we can collaborate to grow a vital and integrated local food strategy in Headwaters.
This event is open to all. A limited number of subsidies are available to ensure this event is accessible. For more information, please contact Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (519) 940-3118.