Dufferin County Community Support Service
Dufferin County Community Support Services (DCCSS) is a not-for-profit agency funded by the Central West Local Health Integration Network and operated by the County of Dufferin. DCCSS was established in 1985 to provide services to assist seniors and physically disabled adults to remain in the familiar surroundings of their own home. The Transportation unit has two wheel chair accessible vans and one regular van. The vans are driven by staff and certified volunteers.
Who can use this service:
- Dufferin County resident over 65 years and/or a disabled adult over 18 years
- Medical appointments are a priority however social events, recreation and shopping are also available.
- Call 519-925-5452 to book an internal assessment conducted by DCCSS staff.
- Dufferin County, Shelburne and Orangeville
- 7 days a week
- Hours can vary depending on the clients needs
- A return trip in town is $7.00.
- Out of town trips are 41 cents per kilometer plus any associated parking fees.
- Cash payment
Scheduling a Ride:
- Call 519 – 925 – 5452 on Monday to Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. If you reach voice mail leave a detailed message and someone will get back to you.
- Advance Notice needed: As soon as your appointment or event is scheduled.
- Website: www.dufferincounty.ca
- Key contact person: Kelly Welsh-Burns
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 519-925-5452
- Fax: 519-925-3742
- Main Office Address: Mel Lloyd Centre, 167 Centre Street, Shelburne, ON L9V 3R8
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Check the website and or call the main office for social, shopping and recreation programs.
- Website: http://www.dufferincounty.ca/residents/